Sunday 30 August 2015

Introduction

Kia ora,

My name is Renee O’Sullivan. I am 20 years old and in my third/final year of studying a Bachelor of Teaching and Learning (early childhood degree) through Canterbury University. I am part of the New Plymouth cohort as a distance/FLO student. I love the use of technology and how I can use it to communicate with people all over the world. I like the idea of children’s learning and assessment being used online to make it more accessible for family and whānau. While I do also enjoy the idea of children being able to use cameras and take photos from their point of view, I do struggle with the idea of technology being used in early childhood education; especially with under 3’s. I believe there are pros and cons to the use of technology but as long as you can balance it in your life (not spending too much time on a screen) it can be very beneficial.



In relation to the SAMR model (see above), I feel I would fall somewhere between ‘redefinition’ and ‘augmentation’ because while I see the benefits of technology, I am also cautious that technology is constantly changing at a fast pace and feel that it should be limited in our daily lives. I am hoping this technology class (and my reflective practice) will help me focus on the more positive sides of technology rather than seeing it as a negative in early childhood education.

- Renee O'Sullivan 

No comments:

Post a Comment