Wednesday 28 October 2015

Week 9 - Exploring, reflecting, responding

(October 19th)

This week we were asked to explore our peers' "how to" sheets. This was a large challenge for me because I had been the only person in my group to upload my sheet. When my peers started submitting their "how to's" I responded with feedback to them straight away. It took another couple of days before I received any feedback on my own sheet. This frustrated me as I was wanting to start my assignment and could not do so until I could reflect on my peers' feedback. I still believe these "how to" sheets were a good assignment as we have been able to learn from each other and find out about possible resources we can use when teaching. Here are the responses and feedback that I gave to my peers regarding their "how to" sheets:

My response to "Scribbit" how to sheet:
Your "how to" really caught my attention in a fun, engaging way. The bright colours and presentation kept it entertaining and I was intrigued to find out more about this resource. The information and guidance was provided in a clear, simple way that was easy to understand and follow. While I may not use this in early childhood education (due to possibly being too advanced for young children), your links to the curriculum clearly supported how the resource would benefit children's English and literacy throughout schooling. I believe this would be a positive resource to help with children's literacy and your "how to" has definitely encouraged me to look further into this website as a tool for teaching.

My response to "Beebots" how to sheet:
I found your "how to" activity was written simply and was easy to follow as I learned about the resource. I thought that use of headings and titles rather than a step by step guide helped me to understand the resource and how it works in engaging, simplistic way. The information was clear and allowed me to picture how I would use Beebots in my early childhood setting. The links to Te Whariki support my ideas of the learning outcomes this resource would have when using it with tamariki. 

My response to "Toontastic" how to sheet:
I found your "how to" sheet very engaging and simple to follow. The first thing that caught my eye was the "parent guide" option on the first picture shown on your "how to" sheet. I would have been interested to find out what information was provided for parents (perhaps it was the learning outcomes from the app?) I think this is something else you could have included in your "how to" sheet since the information would most likely be helpful for teachers too.
The step by step guide was well written and informed as I followed it again after downloading and exploring the app myself. The curriculum links you made clearly explained how this app would provide creative, expressive ideas for children's learning. Your guide also encouraged me to gain ideas on how I could use this app in early childhood education. 

All of the "how to" sheets that I read were simple, engaging, and easy to understand. I enjoyed being able to find out more about these resources and followed the step-by-step guides on how to use them. As a student teacher, I think it has been very helpful to share and provide ideas for our peers. By providing feedback to each other, we are learning how to assess our peers and receive different ideas and thoughts towards our own work from peers rather than a lecturer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment